How to Activate and Unlock Boxed Packed T-Mobile G1
- 1. Side out the Keyboard / Open Left Hand side Notch to unlock Battery Panel.
- 2. Insert TMobile SIM Card and Battery.
- 3. Press MENU Button Constantly and Switch the Phone using Red Talk End / Power Button but do not Release the Menu Key.
- 4. This will put on the Phone in Safe Mode.
- 5. Press to Emergency Dial Button, Windows dial *#06# and this will show IMEI Number: note it down and also
Recheck IMEI with Box.
- 6. Give IMEI to Unlock Code Provider www.unlock-tmobileg1.com and get the Unlock Code.
- 7. Now Return to main Screen and Press MENU Button this Will popup APN Button, Just Press it.
- 8. Go to APN Setting. There will be so many APN already Preset. Again Press MENU Button this will show NEW APN
Popup Button again Press.
- 9. Remember to put Right MCC (Mobile Country Code), and MNC Mobile Network Code, G1 Matches SIM card Data
of MCC / MNC with these Setting and then try to use that. Settings.
All World MCC / MNC codes is available here:
- 10. Now Switch off the Phone and Wait for Unlock codes.
- 11. Insert the Non T-Mobile SIM Card which you intend to use it with G1 and switch G1 on. (Your SIM must have
Data plan / GPRS Activated so G1 will able to contact google.com for Activation)
- 12. HTC G1 will ask for Unlock Codes. Type unlock code carefully, typing wrong code thrice may make Phone Hardware Locked.
- 13. Once Unlocked your GPRS / EDGE / 3G Data Service will be active as per APN Setting we did before.
- 14. Type Google User name / Password in Signing Window and this will Activate the Unlock G1 Device on your SIM Card.
- 15. Make other remaining Data Setting like MMS / Home Page / Port to Active other Data Service.
Setup AT&T Data on Unlocked Google G1
Menu button > Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu Button > New APN
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Server: leave blank
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
APN Type: leave blank
when done "Menu Button" then "Save APN"